Rules, Policies, Code of Conduct
Albany Area YMCA Guest Policy
Local guests can visit the Albany Area YMCA two times before joining the facility. All guests must fill out a Guest Data Form and provide a picture ID. Guests under the age of 18 must have their Guest Data Form signed by a parent/guardian.
Members may obtain a 14-day pass for their out-of-town guests. Guests must fill out a Guest Data Form and provide a picture ID. Out of town guests under the age of 18 must have their Guest Data Form signed by a parent/guardian.
AWAY guests (members of other YMCAs) will receive a 14-day pass after their membership is verified. AWAY guests must fill out a Guest Data form and provide a picture ID.
For classes or sports programs—full refund will be given before classes start, less a $15 processing fee and any registration fees. You will receive 75% credit after the first class meeting or practice, less a $15 processing fee and any registration fees. No credit will be given after the second class meeting or practice. You will receive full credit if the YMCA cancels a class. Receipt must be provided when requesting a refund.
Membership fees are non-refundable.
Albany Area YMCA Youth Policy
Children under 12 must be in Childwatch.
Sports Park Pool
Children under 12 must be registered in a YMCA program and under the supervision of a program leader, or under the supervision of an adult.
Children under age 12 ARE NOT ALLOWED in weight rooms and cardio rooms.
ADULT ONLY TIME is Monday-Friday, 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. at the Central Facility. No youth in the building or on the property unless with a parent or enrolled in a YMCA program.
Youth under the age of 8: must either be in Childwatch, registered and under the supervision of a program leader, or under the supervision of a legal guardian.
Youth ages 8-11: Information above applies. In addition:
- Can participate in Family Gym, provided he/she is under the supervision of a family member over the age of 16 and a legal guardian is in the building.
- Can swim during Open Swim and Family Swim after passing a swim test when legal guardian is in the building. Pool schedule available at the Member Services Desk.
Youth between 12-17:
- Youth must be participating in an activity while at the YMCA. No loitering or “hanging out.”
- Youth must have two Youth Fitness Orientations before using the fitness equipment. Make appointments for Fitness Orientations at the Front Desk. The Free Weight Room is open to age 15 and older. Free Weight Orientation for ages 15-17 is required in addition to regular Youth Fitness Orientation.
- Youth are required to exit the building when hearing the announcement for Adult Only Time Monday through Friday.
- Youth must respectfully follow the direction of any YMCA staff member.
- The Code of Conduct for the Albany Area YMCA must be followed by all members at all times (See Below).
- For the safety of the children, youth must be picked up by closing time. Closing time is 9:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 9:00 p.m. on Friday, and 6:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. YMCA staff members are required to call the police department to report any youth who are left past closing time at the YMCA.
YMCA Code of Conduct
Character development is directly linked to the YMCA’s mission and is the basis of all Y operations including membership, programs and activities. YMCA programs are the means to achieve positive character development among all those involved. The YMCA’s goal is to contribute to the growth of individuals and families in spirit, mind, and body and to improve the quality of life in the community. Therefore, the conduct of members program participants, and guests will reflect the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. Moreover, all YMCA participants must agree to adhere to the following code of conduct:
- Behavior and language will be positive, uplifting, and respectful of others. Profanity and abusive language, fighting or aggressive behavior is strictly prohibited.
- The YMCA is tobacco, drug and alcohol free. Any use of tobacco, drugs or alcohol, or being under the influence of alcohol or drugs while on YMCA property or during an official YMCA activity is strictly prohibited.
- Members and guests are to refrain from wearing articles of clothing that contain obscenity, profanity, or is otherwise deemed inappropriate. Shirts must be worn in the building except when on the basketball court.
- Everyone is expected to respect the personal property of others and of the YMCA. Personal belongings should be properly secured.
- All participants are expected to be engaged in a YMCA activity or program while on YMCA property. No loitering is allowed. All children under 12 must be supervised by a parent or enrolled in a YMCA program where supervision is provided. (See Youth Policy above).
- The rules and guidelines of each specific facility and program will be followed.
All participants must agree to support the work of the YMCA and abide by its rules, policies and codes of conduct. The YMCA is founded on Christian principles and prohibits inappropriate behavior and conduct. This includes, but is not limited to profanity or abusive language or attire, fighting or aggressive behavior, smoking, use of alcohol or drugs, the removal of YMCA property and criminal conduct of any kind. Such inappropriate behavior is unacceptable and the YMCA retains the right to deny membership to its applicants and to revoke membership of any current member or participant at its sole discretion.